The YA Room is seeking a new content creator / co-host to join the family! We are looking for someone who’s passionate about YA, interested in organising events and creating communities through online engagement, and content creating.
The YA Room is a young adult book club based in Melbourne, which holds a monthly Book Meet at Embiggen Books, as well as an online Twitter chats and other special events throughout the year.
Our aim is to unite Melbourne young adult readers and create a community through interaction both in person and online that celebrates all things YA. We strive to provide a place where YA readers of all ages can discuss books, meet authors, and get to know likeminded people.
- Must live in Melbourne / have easy access to the CBD for book launches, festivals, and Book Meets.
- Must be proficient in using Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Must be a confident public speaker.
- Must have the ability to produce and upload unique content and engage with readers on social media.
- Must love YA – duh!
Not necessary, but ideal:
- Can make YouTube videos.
- Have graphic design skills.
- Can use WordPress.
- Have an interest in marketing and entrepreneurship.
This role is perfect for someone wanting to make more connections in the book community and help plan and run events in Melbourne for YA readers.
This is a voluntary position. Workload flexible, estimated 2 – 4 hours per week.
All applications and enquiries are to be emailed to theyaroom [at] gmail [dot] com by 11.59pm Sunday 30 September 2018. Happy to answer questions surrounding job description if required.
In your application, please include your age, whether you’re currently working / studying, any relevant experience, and some information addressing the key requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!